Happy New Year, and best wishes for a healthy and happy 2017. As Council meetings will now be held on the second Monday of each month, the January meeting took place on the 9th. Some of the highlights include:
– Re-application under the Provincial-Territorial Infrastructure Component of the Building Canada Fund to assist with expansion of the Emma Lake Lagoon and work related to the Emma Lake Landfill.
– Referred revision of the animal control bylaw (13-2010) to Administration for further review of other municipalities and the provincial park system as it relates to leashed animals on municipal reserve sites that are not designated as beaches.
– Approved an application from the Bells Beach Lagoon Community Dock Association to allow for dredging of that area in accordance with the Water Security Agency Aquatic Habitat Protection Permit.
– Expressed thanks to Emergency Measures Organization (EMO) co-ordinator Leslie Tuchek, and Prince Albert Fire Department Chief Everitt and Deputy Chief Rodgers for an excellent EMO table top exercise and orientation for District volunteers.
– Approved levy bylaws 1-2017 (fire protection), 2-2017 (street lighting), and 3-2017 (refuse collection) for the 2017 tax period. First reading was given to bylaw 4-2017 (council procedure).
– Approved membership in the Federation of Canadian Municipalities.
While the contact information for Council members is on the website and/or available through the District office, we encourage you to contact the District office if you have a concern or require municipal services (and saying thank you for good service is always appreciated as well) so that it can be addressed in a timely manner.