Highlights of the Council meeting include:
– Bylaw 4-2017 (council procedure) was adopted.
– Tenders will be requested for completion of Phase II Environmental Site Assessments for the Anglin Lake, McPhee Lake and Emma Lake landfill sites.
– In compliance with Saskatchewan Environment steps will be taken to finalize the decommissioning and closure of the Anglin Lake landfill.
– Approved the tender from Mann Northway Auto Source for supply of a 2017 Fleet Chevrolet Tahoe 4WD for the Protective Services department.
– Approved the lease agreement with the Sunnyside Cottage Owners Co-operative to provide public access to the Sunnyside beach area for a five year terms from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2021.
– Approved consolidation of Lots 13 and 14, Block 14, Carwin Park.
– Received the Final Administrative version of the 2016 Financial Statements.
– Updates were received with respect to the Christopher Lake Library, Environmental Advisory Committee, and the Waskesiu Wilderness Region.
– Indicated support of the Sky Velocity internet application to build a tower in the vicinity of Hwy 263 and the Emma Lake landfill road
While the contact information for Council members is on the website and/or available through the District office, we encourage you to contact the District office if you have a concern or require municipal services (and saying thank you for good service is always appreciated as well) so that it can be addressed in a timely manner.