The meeting agendas with supporting documents, if applicable, are posted on the website under the Council tab. For additional information and to view reports and other documents, please refer to the November 19 agenda.
Staff and Council reports / discussion included:
- Kevin Benmerrouche and Dave Halstead, Sask Polytechnique, and Wayne Hyde, Environmental Advisory Committee, provided an overview of the work from May – September on the Emma Lake Nutrient Study. A report will be provided in the new year. It is anticipated that this work will continue over the next 2 – 3 years in order to gather meaningful scientific information.
- Received and approved a request to consolidate two residential properties situated in Murray Point.
- Approved repair of the 2012 Ford F150 pickup.
- High visibility night patrols are being continued by Protective Services staff, who will also be working with the RCMP Commanders Impaired Driving initiative check stops.
- Appointed Cogent Chartered Professional Accountants LLP for the 2018 operations audit.
- Set 2019 Council meeting dates: January 14, February 11, March 11, April 15, May 13, June 10, July 15, August 12, September 9, October 15, November 12, and December 9.
- Received verbal reports from the SARM (SK Association of Rural Municipalities) semi-annual meeting.
- Received and approved where applicable various administration reports: building/development permits, accounts for payment, financial statements.
- Reports/communication were received with respect to the Christopher Lake Library, North Central Lakeland Planning District Commission, Environmental Advisory Committee, Multi Material Recycle, Waskesiu Wilderness Region, RCMP quarterly statistics, Provincial Association of Resort Communities of Saskatchewan (PARCS) convention and newsletter, Lakeland & District Fire Department statistics, and a workshop related to Council Roles and Responsibilities.
- Approved the appointment of Jacquie Moore to the Environmental Advisory Committee.
- Approved the renewal of Saskatchewan Snowmobile Association land use permission to maintain snowmobile trails within the municipality from the Lakeland Snowmobile Club.
- Updated the Property Maintenance Review Committee terms of reference, and appointed Walter Plessl as a regular member, and Rick Walker and Cheryl Bauer Hyde as alternate members.
- Reviewed and approved a new three-year Memorandum of Understanding with the Organized Hamlet of Elk Ridge effective January 1, 2019. Thanks to the Hamlet Board members (Garry McKay, Margaret Smith Windsor, Morris Sawchuk) and the District working group (Jim Rudolph, John Stauffer, Cheryl Bauer Hyde, Tammy Knuttila, Tracey McShannock).
- Received Wapiti Regional Library communication regarding the Government of Saskatchewan ‘Public Library Engagement’ and reviewed a draft of the District’s response.
Ratepayer concerns related primarily to garbage and road-related items. Where applicable, ratepayers are contacted directly if they can be reached by District staff to deal with the matter raised.
As mentioned in every update, while the contact information for Council Members is on the website and/or available through the District office, we encourage you to contact the District office if you have a concern or require municipal services so that it can be addressed in a timely manner. Saying thank you is always a good reason for a phone call as well, and greatly appreciated by our Staff and Council.
Cheryl Bauer Hyde