The meeting agendas with supporting documents, if applicable, are posted on the website under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. For additional information and to view reports and other documents, please refer to the February 11 agenda.
Staff and Council reports / discussion included:
- Leslie Tuchek, EMO Co-ordinator provided an overview of the preparation and process for a Community Disaster Recovery Plan. The District will investigate sponsorship of a Post Disaster Risk Assessment training seminar. Please contact Leslie for more information.
- Agreed to a partnership with Prince Albert Habitat for Humanity related to salvage of demolition and other household materials / furniture. The funds generated through the ReStore sales help to provide funds for housing projects – https://www.habitatpa.ca/restore/restore-donate/
- Introduction to new CPL Recreation Director, Linda Rogozinski.
- Approved Bylaws 1-2019; Fire Levy; 2-2019 Street Lighting; 3-2019 Sanitation Special Levy: annual requirement to establish property tax levies.
- Administration investigation of a potential rebate program for campgrounds and trailer park operators that provide their own garbage collection programs.
- Authorized attendance for Reeve Cheryl Bauer Hyde, and Councillors Karen Bosker, Doug Oftedal, Jim Rudolph, to attend the SARM Annual Convention in Saskatoon from March 11 – March 14, 2019.
- Approved a contribution of $500 to support the Lakeland Citizens on Patrol Program.
- Supported broadening the occupational disease presumption to include volunteer firefighters in Bill 165, The Worker’s Compensation Amendment Act, 2018.
- Approved a tax exemption for the Elk Ridge Utility Ltd.
- Authorized a letter of support for the Co-op Community Spaces grant program on behalf or the Anglin Lake Cottage Owners Association.
- Reports and information from SAMA (SK Assessment Management Agency) and the RCMP (Prince Albert Detachment) final quarter statistics for 2018.
- Set dates for two Committee of the Whole meetings of Council related to discussion regarding operational plans and the 2019 budget. The next meeting of Council will be Monday, March 11 at 9pm.
Ratepayer comments related primarily to snow removal in a positive manner – thanks were expressed to District staff for excellent response time in clearing roads during the last few weeks.
As mentioned in every update, while the contact information for Council Members is on the website and/or available through the District office, we encourage you to contact the District office if you have a concern or require municipal services so that it can be addressed in a timely manner. Saying thank you is always a good reason for a phone call as well, and greatly appreciated by our Staff and Council.
Cheryl Bauer Hyde