The meeting agendas with supporting documents, if applicable, are posted on the website under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. For additional information and to view reports and other documents, please refer to the March 11 agenda.
Chelsea Baraniecki, Plant Health Officer from the SK Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM) provided an update and information regarding the invasive weed program.
Staff and Council reports / discussion included:
- Plans for a Post Disaster Risk Assessment training seminar have been delayed to the fall due to instructor availability.
- Promotion of our partnership with Prince Albert Habitat for Humanity related to salvage of demolition and other household material is already resulting in donations which keeps items out of the landfills. Check their website for information https://www.habitatpa.ca/restore/restore-donate/ or contact the District office.
- Authorized the hiring of seasonal public works employee, Aaron Heise.
- Approved tendering of the engineering for the Small Communities wastewater (lagoon) project, and authorized execution of the New Building Canada Fund agreement.
- Approved the 2018 Audited Financial Statements.
- Reports and information included the Staff Strategy Session proceedings held in November, hauling and clearing of snow from the roads, issues related to roll out garbage bins left on the travelled portion of the road surface, Protective Services staff assistance with traffic control and inclusion in the Protection and Response (PRT) Team, Wapiti Regional Library, North Central Lakelands District Planning Commission, Christopher Lake Library, North SK River Basin Council, SARM Resolutions, and Prince Albert National Park community and Environmental Advisory Committee meetings.
- Passed the Bell’s Beach Road Closure Bylaw and revised Plan of Proposed subdivision for that area.
Ratepayer comments related primarily to garbage, snow, dogs, and ATV use on municipal roads.
As mentioned in every update, while the contact information for Council Members is on the website and/or available through the District office, we encourage you to contact the District office if you have a concern or require municipal services so that it can be addressed in a timely manner. Saying thank you is always a good reason for a phone call as well, and greatly appreciated by our Staff and Council.
Cheryl Bauer Hyde