As noted in previous updates, the meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab on the website – lakeland521.ca.
The District Council and staff welcomes you to two upcoming events:
- Saturday, July 6, at 11am at the Christopher Lake Legion for the annual information meeting. Note that the meeting follows the Emma & Christopher Lakes Association (ECLA) and Lakeland & District Fire Co-operative annual general meetings which start at 9am and 10am.
- Friday, July 26, from 4 – 6pm: the 3rd annual District bbq at Neis Park. It’s a chance to gather beside beautiful Emma Lake with friends and neighbours; have a hot dog or hamburger; and kick off another summer weekend.
June Reports, Discussion and Actions:
- Public Works: continued work on removal of dead or dangerous trees, beach maintenance, road grading and dustproofing, drainage, landfill and lagoon operations.
- Protective Services: May statistical report, RCMP May long weekend statistical report, and inter-agency activities.
- Building / Development: May and June permits issued, discretionary use for staff housing application, subdivision application fees, and appeals related to building setbacks and fencing heights.
- Information regarding McPhee Lake AGM, FireSmart planning, CPL Recreation activities, Environmental Advisory Committee, and the Emma Lake Nutrient Study.
- Resolutions to rename several roads regarding the RM of Paddockwood civic address process (extension off Boundary, Landfill, Poachers and Forest Gates roads).
- Review of revisions related to Waste and Recyclable Management Bylaw.
- Approved a request from the Christopher Lake Public School for funding assistance – Colour Me Fun Run on June 21.
- Discussed the criteria for fire bans, and the factors each municipality and the province reviews when putting on or taking off a fire ban within their particular jurisdiction.
- Correspondence was received regarding garbage / bears, drainage issues and deadfall fire hazard.
Ratepayer concerns were primarily related to trees, culverts, roads, garbage, signs, and illegal dumping of yard (leaves, brush) material.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the Council office (306.982.2010 or email email@example.com). They are reviewed by staff on a regular basis, and by Council at our monthly meetings. The next Council meeting is July 15.