Prior to the Council Meeting on October 15, a Committee of the Whole meeting was held with two agenda items:
- A presentation by Seth McNaughton and Brent Friedt regarding the property assessment process followed by Saskatchewan Assessment Management Agency (SAMA).
- An overview of the engineering requirements of the wastewater treatment facility upgrades by BCL Engineering Ltd., Tim Magus and Tim Ledding.
As noted in previous updates, the meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab on the website – lakeland521.ca.
October Reports, Discussion and Actions:
- Public Works: removal of dead or dangerous trees will continue through to late November, road work continues, beach and park upgrades, and wastewater and landfill updates.
- Protective Services: September statistical report including tickets issued and inter-agency activities. Approved the purchase of a 2020 Chevrolet Tahoe for delivery in 2020.
- Awarded the tender to BCL Engineering Ltd. for the engineering component of the wastewater treatment facility upgrade project as recommended by the Utilities Committee.
- Authorized a tax cancellation for V. Susan Marshall.
- Building / Development:
- September and October to date Building / Development permits.
- Authorized a request for municipal reserve access for Robert and Jocelyne Sutherland, and Elk Ridge Utility subdivision to accommodate development of a new well.
- Approved an agreement with SaskPower to move the above ground power lines to underground for the residential lots at McPhee Lake, which includes establishing an additional service area for McPhee Lake residents to cover the conversion costs.
- Granted a five-year extension to Neis’ Beach Ltd. With respect to improvement to the subdivision servicing agreement dated January 20, 2015 (10 lots).
- Acknowledged and accepted the petition from the voters of the Organized Hamlet of Elk Ridge requesting declaration of Resort Village.
- Received Reeve and Councillor reports, and correspondence regarding Forest Management in the Prince Albert Forest Management Agreement Area and the Provincial Association of Resort Communities of SK (PARCS).
- Authorized attendance at the PARCS Convention (October) and the SARM Midterm Convention (November).
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the Council office (306.982.2010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). They are reviewed by staff on a regular basis, and by Council at our monthly meetings. The next Council meeting is November 12 beginning at 9am.