As noted in previous updates, the meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab on the website.
Reports, Discussion and Actions:
- Administration’s report included the Action / Motion item list, Building Development report including an annual report, report on annual Staff session, accounts for payment, year end and year-to-date financial statements, the Bell’s Beach Replot project, and approval of the 2020 staff salary rates.
- Public Works: ongoing tree removal, roads (thanks for the excellent job done following the recent snow dump), and winter placement of bear proof and recycling binds throughout the District.
- Protective Services: December statistical report including tickets issued, staff co-ordination with the RCMP check stops and 2019 comparison to 2018 statistics.
- Other matters of business:
- Approved the Administration Bond, excess liability insurance, municipal revenue sharing declaration, and the Municipal Fees Bylaw.
- Reviewed proposed amendment to the 2020 agreement with the Lakeland & District Fire Department,
- Matters related to the Elk Ridge Resort Village application including the restructuring agreement, municipal roads, and required restated District budget.
- Received Reeve and Councillor reports, ratepayer communications and correspondence regarding Sask Tenders.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the Council office (306.982.2010 or email email@example.com). They are reviewed by staff on a regular basis, and by Council at our monthly meetings. The next Council meeting is February 10, 2020, beginning at 9am.
On behalf of the District Council and Staff, best wishes for a healthy and happy New Year!