As noted in previous updates, the meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab on the website.
Reports, Discussion and Actions:
- Administration’s report included the Building/Development permit listing, a Sand and Nutrient report which may result in changes to the sand request requirements, accounts for payment, financial statements, and discussion regarding the Elk Ridge Resort Village process.
- Bell’s Beach Subdivision: If all agreements are not received by February 21, the Administrator is authorized to proceed with the replot scheme.
- Public Works: Snow / roads, Emma Lake transfer station temporary location at the shop, approval of Pinter & Associates Ltd for the provision of technical support in development of an Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program application for the Emma and McPhee landfill closure costs.
- Protective Services: January statistical report, and an update regarding the province’s plan to move forward with a phased-in open market system for cannabis retailing.
- Other matters of business:
- Approved the Public Alerting Policy, and the following bylaws: Fire Special Levy, Special Tax Street Lighting, Sanitation Special Levy, and Trailer License Fee.
- Rescinding Resolution #2019-016 related to Council Reimbursement to comply with CRA regulations.
- Received information and approved attendance for the SARM Annual Meeting (March) and Ministry of Community Relations Regional Co-operation Workshop (April).
- Reports received from the Reeve, Environmental Advisory Committee, and Waskesiu Wilderness Region (WWR) annual meeting minutes. Due to loss of a key staff person and declining membership and member engagement, WWR will cease operations effective March 31, 2020 unless a suitable organization is approved to take over the assets. Closing date for proposals from interested organizations is March 10, 2020.
- Received ratepayer communications, and correspondence regarding the SARM District 5 director election, North SK River Basin Council meeting report, Citizens on Patrol update, SUMA name change, North Central SK Waste Management Corp. update, and Stars donation thank you.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the Council office (306.982.2010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). They are reviewed by staff on a regular basis, and by Council at our monthly meetings. The next Council meeting is March 9, 2020, beginning at 9am.