As noted in previous updates, the meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab.
Landen Farber, SK Polytechnic, and Wayne Hyde, District Environmental Advisory Committee, provided an update on the 2019 findings for the Emma Lake Nutrient Study. The data is being reviewed and combined with the 2018 research. Thanks was expressed to Water Quality Assessment Program members, specifically SK Polytechnic, Landen Farber and Dave Halstead; North SK River Basin Council; and Environmental Advisory Committee members, Keith Dahl, Wayne Hyde, Darryl Jessop, Tom Laxdal; for their support and participation in this project.
Reports, Discussion and Actions:
- Review and authorization to proceed with the 2020 Lakeland Fire Department agreement.
- Public Works: Acknowledgement of March 8th’s snow clearing job, purchase of Calcium Chloride (dust proofing), review of Neis Drive road improvement project, approval of Pinter & Associates Ltd proposed application (Investing in Canada Infrastructure Program – ICIP) for the Emma and McPhee landfill closure costs, support of concept paper for application under the ‘Community, Culture and Recreation’ (ICIP).
- Protective Services: February statistical report, discussion regarding the provincial open market system for cannabis retailing, and update related to All Terrain Vehicle multi-jurisdictional licensing.
- Utility Committee meeting minutes and agenda items: Pinter & Associates Ltd 2020 monitoring of Anglin, Emma and McPhee landfills, and BCL Consulting update on the SCF Wastewater (lagoon expansion) Project.
- Administration’s report included the Action / Motion item report, staff training, operational updates, approval of playground equipment for Sunnyside Beach, February financial statements, and the 2019 year-end statements.
- Building/Development report consisted of the February permit listing, a request to purchase municipal property was denied, rescinding of direction to amend the Zoning Bylaw to allow storage containers, approval for construction of Sasktel tower to improve wireless service, and review of draft shoreline development policy.
- Other matters of business:
- Special Event Permit for Music Festival,
- Resolution of Carwin Park road allowance adjacent to Lot 1,
- Destruction of documents (2012),
- Clearing of path on municipal reserve (McIntosh Point),
- Reports received from the Reeve and Councillors.
- Received communications: North SK River Basin Council spring newsletter, SK Assessment Management Agency 2020 requisition, Lakeland Fire Department 2019 statistics, North Central SK Waste Management Corp. 2020 levy, Organized Hamlet of Elk Ridge 2020 budget and February Board Meeting minutes, SARM emergent and submitted resolutions for the upcoming annual meeting.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the Council office (306.982.2010 or email email@example.com). They are reviewed by staff on a regular basis, and by Council at our monthly meetings. The next Council meeting is April 20, 2020, beginning at 9am.