The April 20 meeting agenda and supporting documents can be found here. They are always posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab on the website. The May Council meeting has been changed from May 8 to May 11.
Council has met twice as a Committee of the Whole since the March Council meeting. A Council update was provided on the website following the March 23 meeting outlining actions taken with respect to the Covid crisis. Those actions were continued following the April 8 meeting which included discussion of the 2020 operating and five year capital plan.
- continue closure of the office to the public with staff responding to business requests through electronic means,
- move the Emma Lake transfer station bins from the temporary location at the Shop back to the original site, with no charge for sorted disposal of materials,
- monitor and adhere to provincial guidelines regarding social distancing for all staff, group gathering restrictions, and closure of public facilities such as washrooms, parks and playgrounds.
Reports, Discussion and Actions:
- Building / Development: March permit report, adoption of a policy for shoreline development including sand permits, and zoning and policy items related to the retailing of cannabis due to the new provincial open market system.
- Public Works: roads, gravel / dust proofing, drainage, a potential composting (yard materials) pick up program, equipment, and the spring melt.
- Protective Services: March statistical report, use of personal protection equipment (PPE) as per SK Health, and updates related to the SK Public Safety Agency. Approval was given for the hiring of James Fudge, Special Constable, effective April 20 due to the departure of Paul Sirman.
- Administration’s report included the Action / Motion item report, and approval of the 2019 Audited Financial Statements, 2020 Operating Budget and Five Year Capital Plan. A matching grant of $12,000 was approved for the Anglin Lake Cottage Owners Association for playground equipment improvements at Ed Greenop Park, and the 2020 uniform mill rate was established at 2.34 mills which is the same rate as 2019. Tax notices will be sent out in May/June.
- Other matters of business:
- Written reports received from the Reeve and the Division 1 Councillor.
- Approval of Emergency Management Organization (EMO) Council Policy.
- Approval of District Salary Grid 11 (Special Constable), and salary policy.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the Council office (306.982.2010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). They are reviewed by staff on a regular basis, and by Council at our monthly meetings. The next Council meeting is May 11 beginning at 9am.