- In the opinion of the District of Lakeland No. 521 there are high to extreme fire hazard conditions that exist within the municipality;
THEREFORE, Tammy Knuttila being Administrator and Jarett Taylor being the Supervising Officer, appointed pursuant to section 18 of Bylaw 9-2019, do hereby order, pursuant to section 16 of that Bylaw that:
- No person shall light, or start, or allow, or cause to be lighted, ignited or started a fire of any kind whatsoever in the open air.
- All burning permits, if any, issued for the burning of any material within the municipality are hereby suspended effective the date of this order.
- The lighting or discharge of fireworks is strictly prohibited.
- CSA-approved propane heating devices and barbecues, pressurized stoves, or charcoal briquettes may be used for cooking and heating purposes. Any charcoal briquette use shall be done in a con-combustible container made of heavy gauge metal.
This fire ban includes, and does apply to, all lands located within the District of Lakeland No. 521.