- Leroy Evenson approached Council requesting permission to locate additional shipping containers in the storage compound at 326 Kenderdine Crescent, Murray Point. A letter will be sent to ratepayers that are within a 75-meter radius of the compound for their feedback. A public hearing will be held at the next meeting.
- Ted Cardwell raised concerns regarding the discontinuance of the ZOOM platform for Council meetings. He stated that it provides ratepayers with an opportunity to participate in the council meetings remotely, especially for those who are not able to attend in person. He requested that the ZOOM platform be utilized to increase transparency.
- Jacqueline Jordan requested to have 5 minutes of Council Meeting time to request a land purchase, but did not attend her during her allotted time.
- 1st reading was given to Bylaw 10-2022 Zoning Bylaw Amendment to amend SECTION 3.3 development not requiring a permit by adding gravel, fences, and accessory buildings under 9.29 square meters do not require a development permit.
- No public hearings were held.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
- Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
- Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Gravel and Dust Control, Drainage, Transfer Station and Lagoons. Additional parking spots were proposed at Spruce Point Boat Launch. The District has received 72 inches of snow which has resulted in Public Works having to haul snow from various locations. Public works has ran into issues caused by ratepayers piling/moving snow into ditches. Public Works purchased a used 2018 Dodge Ram, is looking at a used Ford Ranger as a beach truck, and a 2002 International 5 tonne to haul snow, brush and soil. The Transfer station is getting ready to be opened back up for spring.
- Protective Services provided their monthly report, provincial and inter-agency updates.
- In-person attendance at Council Meeting continues to be encouraged.
- Mary Sawchuk has been appointed as the Chair for EAC
- Cheryl Bauer Hyde has been appointed as CPL representative and will fill the Chair position, while Brandi Smart will remain on the committee as a non voting member.
- An appraisal has been requested for the Elk Ridge Fire Hall
- The List of Lands with Tax Arrears was presented to Council.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office (306.982.2010 or email firstname.lastname@example.org). They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.