- Mike Hoppe approached Council asking for permission to have his 5th wheel camper trailer parked on municipal reserve between lots 101 and 105 Arnold Place while his cabin is being built. He wants the camper placed on municipal reserve because the location currently has a sewer line on the property and so that he can keep a close eye on his property during the build.
- Jim Juker put in a request to speak to Council on drainage; however, Jim did not attend his appointment.
- second and third readings were given to Bylaw 11-2022 Zoning Bylaw Amendment to amend SECTION 2 definition by adding car wash to service station.
- first, second, and third readings were given to Bylaw 12-2022 Parking Bylaw being a bylaw to regulate parking.
- first, second, and third readings were given to Bylaw 13-2022 Base Tax Bylaw being a bylaw to provide a base tax.
- A Public Hearing was held for the Zoning Bylaw Amendments Bylaw No. 11-2022 and for the discretionary use application from Gerald Regnitter for the placement of shipping containers at 411 Highway 2 North. There was one verbal submission for the Zoning Bylaw Amendments. There were no verbal or written submissions for the shipping container.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
- Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
- Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Gravel and Dust Control, Drainage, Transfer Station, and Lagoons. The hiring of Barry McLeod, Grant Sawchuk, Olivia Quiring, Cade Lebel, Cassandra Dyck, and Nadine Lavoie for the summer season was approved. Pumping from Anglin Lake was approved.
- Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates. The hiring of Steven Sabados was approved.
- The Criminal Record Check Policy revision was approved.
- A discussion on the community dock at Doran Park was discussed and Council will not be permitting more participants on that dock.
- An update on the use of municipal reserves was discussed from the inspections that were completed on May 18, 2022.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office (306.982.2010 or email email@example.com). They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.