- Sami Istifo approached Council requesting an extension of his moving permit for the second dwelling which is at his Marine Point address in order for him to move the dwelling across the lake this winter. Council did not grant the extension.
- Nikki Puetz approached Council asking for them to consider moving the current property line between 211 and 213 Connie Place to make 213 conform to the current Zoning Bylaw standards. Council supported Nikki’s application.
- Rhonda Berezowski approached Council asking them to approve a 17% variance on her side walkway. Council did not grant a variance.
- Byron Briske approached Council with concerns about a puppy mill at 335 Agnes Street and the potential danger these dogs could cause if they got out.
- First, Second and Third readings were given to Bylaw 14-2022 Extension of Time – Financial Statement being a bylaw to extend the time required for the completion of the 2021 financial statement.
- First, Second and Third readings were given to Bylaw 15-2022 Parking Bylaw being a bylaw to regulate parking
- First, Second and Third readings were given to Bylaw 16-2022 ATV Bylaw being a bylaw to regulate the usage of ATVs.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
- Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
- Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Gravel and Dust Control, Drainage, Transfer Station, and Lagoons. The hiring of Jayson McLeod and Stevie Hamilton was approved and to purchase gravel and 3” rock from Terry Barlow.
- Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
- Administration is authorized to proceed to make an application for title under the provisions of the Tax Enforcement Act.
- Administration is directed to develop a policy regarding staff personal use of municipal facilities and staff storing personal property.
- A discussion on the community dock at Doran Park was discussed and the Reeve put forward a motion directing administration to send out letters to determine if there is interest in a community dock for the residents in that area. It was defeated.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office (306.982.2010 or email email@example.com). They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.