- Jocelyn Sutherland attended Council Meeting to request permission to dredge the mouth of the channel to Potter’s Cove prior to the lake freezing to ensure they remove as much of the sand as possible.
- Jim Walters attended Council Meeting to discuss the process of updating the Official Community Plan (OCP) through the North Central Lakelands District Planning Commission. The NCLDPC applied for and was approved for a grant that will cover a significant portion of the expense of updating our OCP. Ratepayers will receive notification of the open houses to be held next summer.
- Bylaw 17-2022 Establish Lakeland Recreation Board a bylaw to provide for entering into an agreement to establish a body corporate to manage, operate, and organize recreation services was given first reading.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
- Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
- Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Gravel and Dust Control, Drainage, Transfer Station, and Lagoons. Randy Miller was added to the list of authorized beaver trappers under the Beaver Control Program.
- Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates. The initial budgeted cost of $75,000 was increased by 10% to cover additional costs for the LDPS pole building.
- Administration provided an update. Seasonal staff will be required to obtain 1664 working hours, including sick and regular time, to progress to the next step in the salary grid.
- 2022-2023 Committee Appointments were set.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office (306.982.2010 or email email@example.com). They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.