DISTRICT OF LAKELAND NO. 521Serving Emma, Christopher, Anglin & McPhee Lakes; the Organized Hamlet of Elk Ridge & a portion of the Boreal Forest Region.
EMMA & CHRISTOPHER LAKES ASSOCIATION (ECLA)
P.O. Box 96, CHRISTOPHER LAKE, SK S0J 0N0
The ECLA works for and on behalf of our members throughout the year in a number of ways.
ALL WORK IS DONE BY VOLUNTEERS (YOUR NEIGHBOURS AND FRIENDS)
Please let Board members and your Beach Reps know what initiatives you think are important!
New volunteers are always needed, and if you are interested in knowing how you can help please contact your Beach Representative
Memberships are renewable on an annual calendar-year basis.
to download the membership form
or email Wayne Hyde at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form electronically.
Your annual dues of $10.00 are used to support the following initiatives.
- Annual publication and distribution of Laker’s News:
- provides information on the ECLA, its function and current projects
- provides information on community organizations and activities in the RM of Lakeland, including local contact names
- Involvement in various water-related initiatives:
- contributes to the RM of Lakeland Environmental Advisory Committee Water Quality program which includes water quality monitoring on Emma and Christopher Lakes
- appoints members who sit on the Spruce River Diversion Operation Project Advisory Board, which oversees lake water level and pumping activity.
- Maintains a membership in “Partners for the Saskatchewan River Basin” which promotes watershed stewardship and sustainability
- Support of Environmental Awareness issues:
- recommend members
tothe RM of Lakeland Environmental Advisory Committee which works with Council to protect the natural resources of our community
- promotes safe boating and nesting habitat protection through the posting of Loon Alert and No Wake signs, and distribution of the “It’s Your Wake” brochure to provide an awareness of the effects of boat wake on our lakes and shorelines
- provides support and assistance for the annual Nurture Nature In Lakeland day
- recommend members
- Provide Beach Reps for each beach on Emma and Christopher Lakes to:
- to represent and act as personal contacts to beach residents and collect memberships
- bring forth concerns to the Board
- Interaction with government:
- Board members observe RM of Lakeland council meetings
- Board members attend Provincial Association of Resort Communities (PARCS) meetings and seminars
- Provide financial support to the local Citizens on Patrol Program (COPP)
- Provide a multi-level swimming program at various beaches during July and August.
|Communication Chair||Al Stickney||(306)281-2771|
|Consitution Chair||Cheryl Bauer Hyde||(306)961-2967|
|Membership Chair||Wayne Hyde||(306)982-2079|
|Swimming Chair||Marcia Bergman||(306)982-4295|
|Water Advisory Chair||Richard Afseth||(306)982-4989|
|Water Advisory Chair||Wayne Hyde||(306)982-2079|
|District Rep||Cheryl Bauer Hyde||(306)961-2967|
|Kinasao||Ed Kasdorf/ Dawn Stinson||(306)982-4894|
|McIntosh Point||Paulette Anderson|
|Murray Point||Terry Neefs||(306)229-8990|
|Spruce Point||Frances Wagner||(306)220-0069|
|Sunset Bay||Denise Taylor||(306)982-2528|