We are located in the heart of Saskatchewan lake country, serving the residents in and around Emma, Christopher, Anglin, and McPhee Lakes. The municipality is only 15 kilometers wide and 50 kilometers long, beginning at Christopher Lake and extending north to Timber Cove.
Fire Ban Revoked Effective May 24, 2023
The fire ban issued May 5th, 2023 due to high to extreme fire hazard conditions that existed within the municipality has been revoked effective May 24, 2023. Please see the following attachment for further details. 2023.05.24 Fire Ban Removal May 24, 2023
LAKELAND DISTRICT PROTECTIVE SERVICES MAY 2023 NEWSLETTER
May 2023 LDPS Newsletter
FIRE BAN EFFECTIVE MAY 5TH 2023
2023.05.05 Fire Ban May 5 2023
April 2023 Council Meeting Update
The April 12th, 2023 meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. Council member contact information is under Council Members.
– S/Sgt. Steve Hurst with the Prince Albert RCMP Detachment attended the meeting. The community engagement meeting with municipal parties had low attendance, but he anticipates attendance will increase for future meetings. Prince Albert RCMP are staffed on a 24-hour policing model, which is an adjustment from the on-call model previously followed. He noted that call volumes have decreased and acknowledged that there is a healthy relationship with LDPS and thanked them for the support role that they provide. Plans are already in the works for the May long weekend. There was some discussion held regarding RCMP presence on the lakes.
– Kym Evenson/ Silverback North requested council consider amending the Zoning Bylaw to allow greater sized accessory buildings.
– Bylaw 5-2023 being a bylaw respecting the collection and establishment of fees for Municipal Services was adopted.
– Bylaw 6-2023 being a bylaw to authorize for the control, regulation and use of marinas, docks, boat lifts and vessel was given first reading.
– A public hearing was held to receive submissions regarding the discretionary use for the placement of two shipping containers on PT NW 22 53 27 W2. The request was approved.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
– Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
– Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Transfer Station, Lagoons, and Snow.
– Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
– Administration provided an update.
– John Stauffer was appointed as the liaison to the Wapiti Regional Library (Christopher Lake Branch Board)
– Western Municipal Consulting Board of Revision Members and Secretary and the Development Appeals Board and Secretary were appointed.
– Council authorized Administration to proceed with Tax Enforcement Procedures for 2022 lands with tax arrears.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office 306.982.2010; email email@example.com ; or reported through Service Tracker. They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.
Summer Employment Opportunity
The District of Lakeland is accepting Resumes for Summer Employment opportunities. Applicants must have a class 5 driver’s license and be willing to work weekends. References are required. Resumes are to be in by May 1st, 2023. Please e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Attn: Public Works Manager
March 2023 Council Meeting Update
March 2023 Council Meeting Update The March 8th, 2023 meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. Council member contact information is under Council Members. Reports, Discussion, and Actions: - A report with respect to the number...
Email consent form
EMAIL CONSENT FORMEMAIL CONSENT FORM
February 2023 Council Meeting Update
The February 8th, 2023 meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. Council member contact information is under Council Members. Bylaws: - 2nd and 3rd Readings were given to the Trailer Licensing Fee Bylaw No. 3-2023 being a bylaw...