DISTRICT OF LAKELAND NO. 521Serving Emma, Christopher, Anglin & Mcphee Lakes, Elk Ridge Resort & Boreal Forest Region
Lakeland District Protective Services:
Planning & Development:
- About Us
- Landfill Information
- Garbage Pick Up Information
- Recycle Bin Locations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Guide To Recycling
- About Us
- Emergency Measures Co-ordinator
- Emergency Planning For You
- Emergency Planning for Pets
- 'Be Prepared' Links
- Upcoming Events
- Volunteer Application
- Create a CodeRED Profile
- FAQs about CodeRED enrollment
- Update Your CodeRED Profile
- FAQs about the CodeRED system
General Policy & Information:
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the discounts and penalties for early or late payment?
The following discount is applied to the municipal amount only. It excludes fire, sanitation, street light and school levies:
- If paid by January 31st 6%
- If paid by February 28th 5%
- If paid by March 31st 4%
- if paid by April 3oth 3%
- If paid by May 31st 2%
- If paid by June 30th 1%
The following penalties apply to to full amount:
- If paid by August 31st No Penalty
- If paid by September 30th, 1%
- If paid by October 31st 2%
- If paid by November 30th 3%
- If paid by December 31st 4%
If taxes are not paid by December 31st, you are considered in arrears.
When are tax notices sent out?
Tax bills are usually mailed out by July each year. Our levy is run only after we get the budget from Council and the school, along with other factors such as tax assessments.
You can call ahead as early as January to get an estimate of your tax amount based on the previous year.
Do you accept post-dated cheques?
Yes we accept post-dated cheques. Once the payment is put through, we will mail out a paid receipt.
When are taxes due?
Taxes are due on December 31st of each year.
Taxes – Method of Payment
Cash, Cheque or Debit is accepted in the office.
You can mail a cheque to Box 27 Christopher Lake SK, S0J 0N0
We also accept e-transfer to email@example.com. Please include in the message your name and the civic address for the property you are paying for.
We are a vendor for Scotiabank, BMO, and any credit union.