- 2nd and 3rd Readings were given to the Expenditure Authorization Bylaw No. 18-2022 being a bylaw to authorize certain expenditures.
- 1st, 2nd , and 3rd Readings were given to the Special Tax for Fire Protection Services Bylaw No. 1-2023 being a bylaw to authorize a special tax for fire protection services.
- 1st, 2nd , and 3rd Readings were given to the Street Lighting Services Bylaw No. 2-2023 being a bylaw to authorize a special tax for street lighting services.
- 1st Reading was given to the Trailer Licensing Fee Bylaw No. 3-2023 being a bylaw respecting permit fees for trailer parks, campgrounds, recreation vehicle parks, and mobile homes.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
- Building/Development monthly permit report was received. The Development Officer also provided an Annual Report for 2022.
- Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Transfer Station, Lagoons, and Snow.
- Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
- Administration provided an update.
- A recommendation of a 10% increase to all Council Remuneration rates retroactive to January 1, 2023 was proposed. It will be discussed at the February Council Meeting.
- The Council dates were set for the 2nd Wednesday of each month for 2023.
- Authorization was given to attend sessions of the Municipal Leadership Development Program.
- Chris McShannock was appointed as the Fire Chief for the municipality for 2023.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office 306.982.2010; email email@example.com ; or reported through Service Tracker. They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.