– 2nd and 3rd Readings were given to the Trailer Licensing Fee Bylaw No. 3-2023 being a bylaw respecting permit fees for trailer parks, campgrounds, recreation vehicle parks, and mobile homes.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
– Building/Development monthly permit report was received. The Development Officer also provided a history of permits that have been issued since 2012.
– Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Transfer Station, Lagoons, and Snow. Authorization was given to proceed with the Neis Drive and Okema Road Projects. Open houses will be held May long weekend for those at Neis Drive and Okema Road. Public Works was authorized to purchase totes of calcium.
– Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
– Administration provided an update on SUMA Convention options, 2021 Draft Financial Statements, 2022 Audit, North Central Lakelands Planning District Meeting, and Bell’s Beach Replot is registered with ISC and officially completed.
– The 10% increase to all Council Remuneration rates is effective January 1, 2023.
– Grant Thornton was appointed as the municipal auditor for the 2022 audit.
– 2023 Salary grid was set.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office 306.982.2010; email email@example.com ; or reported through Service Tracker. They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.