– S/Sgt. Steve Hurst with the Prince Albert RCMP Detachment attended the meeting. The community engagement meeting with municipal parties had low attendance, but he anticipates attendance will increase for future meetings. Prince Albert RCMP are staffed on a 24-hour policing model, which is an adjustment from the on-call model previously followed. He noted that call volumes have decreased and acknowledged that there is a healthy relationship with LDPS and thanked them for the support role that they provide. Plans are already in the works for the May long weekend. There was some discussion held regarding RCMP presence on the lakes.
– Kym Evenson/ Silverback North requested council consider amending the Zoning Bylaw to allow greater sized accessory buildings.
– Bylaw 5-2023 being a bylaw respecting the collection and establishment of fees for Municipal Services was adopted.
– Bylaw 6-2023 being a bylaw to authorize for the control, regulation and use of marinas, docks, boat lifts and vessel was given first reading.
– A public hearing was held to receive submissions regarding the discretionary use for the placement of two shipping containers on PT NW 22 53 27 W2. The request was approved.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
– Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
– Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Transfer Station, Lagoons, and Snow.
– Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
– Administration provided an update.
– John Stauffer was appointed as the liaison to the Wapiti Regional Library (Christopher Lake Branch Board)
– Western Municipal Consulting Board of Revision Members and Secretary and the Development Appeals Board and Secretary were appointed.
– Council authorized Administration to proceed with Tax Enforcement Procedures for 2022 lands with tax arrears.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office 306.982.2010; email email@example.com ; or reported through Service Tracker. They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.