The July 12th, 2023, meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. Council member contact information can be found under Council Members.
– Tammy Just and Klark Ito attended the meeting to discuss permission to continue accessing their concrete parking pad through public reserve. If the District restricted access
they would have to re-build their driveway and would result in the loss of many trees. They don’t park on the reserve but only use it to access the property. The access
through the public reserve was developed many years ago, before Tammy and Klark purchased the property.
– Greg and Gary Heidt attended the meeting to also discuss permission to continue accessing their property though public reserve. The access was developed years before they
purchased the property and indicated they were unaware that the District wanted a new access created on the Heidt property. Should they make a new access, many trees would be
– 2nd and 3rd readings were given to Bylaw 8-2023 being a bylaw to amend Bylaw 17-2013, the Zoning Bylaw, to add Car Wash as a discretionary commercial use in C1 Resort Commercial
District and as a permitted commercial use in C2 Retail and Service Commercial District.
– 1st, 2nd, and 3rd readings were given to Bylaw 9-2023 being a bylaw to extend the time required for the completion of the 2022 Financial Statements.
– A public hearing was held to receive submissions regarding Bylaw 8-2023 being a bylaw to amend Bylaw 17-2013, known as the Zoning Bylaw, to add Car Wash as a discretionary
commercial use in C1 Resort Commercial District and as a permitted use in C2 Retail and Service Commercial District. No written or verbal submissions were received.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
– Building/Development monthly permit report was received.
– Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Transfer Station, Lagoons, and drainage. Authorization was given to purchase a ¾ tonne truck up to the
amount of $100,000, including taxes and fees.
– Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
– Administration provided an update.
– A $500 donation was made to Western Days.
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office 306.982.2010; email firstname.lastname@example.org; or reported through Service Tracker. They are reviewed by staff regularly.