March 2023 Council Meeting Update
The March 8th, 2023 meeting agenda and supporting documents are posted under the Council (Meeting Agendas) tab. Council member contact information is under Council Members.
Reports, Discussion, and Actions:
– A report with respect to the number of lakefront properties on each lake, number of docks, and number of lifts was submitted to Council for their information.
– Short Term Rentals and potential solutions were discussed.
– Building/Development monthly permit report was received. The Development Officer suggested potential changes to the fee bylaw for deposit. A discretionary use application for 2 shipping containers on PT NW 22 53 27 W2 was approved.
– Public Works provided an update on Trees, Beaches, Roads, Equipment, Transfer Station, Lagoons, and Snow.
– Protective Services provided their monthly report and provincial and inter-agency updates.
– Authorization was given to hire for a seasonal position for LDPS.
– Administration provided an update; the restated 2021 Audited Financial Statements were received and cameras will also be installed in the office building.
– Council would like an engineered report on the roof; the roof requires fixing for leaks.
– The annual BBQ is scheduled for Friday, July 28, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. at Lions Park, Spruce Point
Comments or concerns should be submitted through the District office 306.982.2010; email email@example.com ; or reported through Service Tracker. They are reviewed by staff regularly, and monthly by Council.